Monday, May 26, 2008

reference books for new parent

Here are the books I bought after Thumper was born. I borrowed a bunch of books from the library and then bought the ones that I thought would actually last.


The Vaccine Book (0+ months)
This is the book I bought to learn all about vaccines.

Playful Parenting (1 year+?)
I'm reading this book right now and I really like it. It's about how you can use play to communicate and build relationships with your child. It totally makes sense to me and the author also gives a lot of scenarios of when you use play. I'm not quite sure what age this book is good for yet though.
Mother Food: A Breastfeeding Diet Guide...(0+ months)
I really liked this book even though I only read a few pages on Google books. It's on my Amazon wish list to buy and read through. I wish I'd read this book while pregnant so I'd know what to eat. I found this book when I was looking into info about DHA and all those other brain-building food. It's on my wish-list because there was a section also on what food to eat/avoid when your baby has eczema. I didn't even realize that you could change your diet when that happens! Not that Thumper has eczema....

No comments: